CICA Board of Director's Meeting—Minutes

October 10, 2000

 

The meeting began at 7:30 p.m. at the pavilion

 

BOARD OF DIRECTORS PRESENT: Barbara Barr, Dave Byler, Tom Cobley, Andrea Gilde, Rob Green, Harry Hite, Verne Orndorff, Mike Szep, Sr., Dick Ullman, Art Wood.

 

ABSENT: Ken Knapp, Jim Weber

 

Committee Members & Guests Present: Jim Abel, John Bates, Glenn Culler, Bill Dryden, Les Fritz

 

PRESIDENT’S REPORT: The president welcomed new board members Harry Hite and Verne Orndorff

            Correspondence Report: The following correspondence was sent:

l        A letter of thanks to Mike Lewis of the county roads department for his help in obtaining several loads of free millings

l        A letter to Frank Strimel thanking him for his service to the board & accepting his resignation

l        A letter of thanks to Cheryl Hite from Rob Green thanking her for tax preparation

 

The following correspondence was received:

·        A donation from the Weber’s for the jetty project

·        A letter from Jeffrey Lew thanking Bill Dryden for his assistance and enclosing a donation to be used for the roads

·        From the Quigley’s, complaining about the appearance of some of our community homes and lots and the lack of sufficient grass mowing this summer.

 

SECRETARY’S REPORT: The minutes from the 9/12 meeting were accepted as written.

 

TREASURER’S REPORT:  The monthly report was approved as submitted.

      The treasurer will keep a separate listing of all donations received for the jetty project.


 

 

COMMITTEE REPORTS:  (Contributor’s name and/or committee chairperson’s name shown in parentheses following report.)

 

Architectural Review:  1 new porch is in the process of being approved. (Barry Miller)

 

Beach:  Thanks to the hardworking crew on cleanup day.  The picnic tables will come in after the Halloween party, and a new life ring will be purchased for next season.  (Jim Abel)

l        Jetty Subcommittee: the letter & ballot to all property owners will be going out in a few days.  A few changes to the letter were discussed.  A membership application will be sent to non-members along with the letter & ballot.

 

Email & Website: Any address updates or other messages to Chesapeake Isle should be sent to cica@holly.jci.tju.edu .  This address is on the website and the E-mail listing going out in the newsletter.  (John Reber)

 

Erosion:  Nothing to report (John Bates)

 

Grass Mowing:  1 payment was received.  Only 4 are left outstanding.(Dick Ullman)

 

Harbor:  Thanks to the cleanup crew, especially Neil Barr, Harbormaster for the Day!

l        The winches on the mooring puller have been refurbished and new pull-up lines have been installed.  We are ready for the mooring pull on 11/4.  Some moorings are to be pulled up early, and anyone wanting to help should contact Bill. 

 

l        Approximately 2 people per night are needed for the HALLOWEEN WATCH WEEKEND (Friday 10/27 – Monday 10/31.  Please call 287-9598.  The Harbor Entrance chain will be in place on those evenings. (Bill Dryden)

 

Historical:  No report given (Audrey Buck)

 

Legal:  Nothing to report (Dave Byler)

 

Maintenance:  Nothing to report (John Bates)

 

Membership:  Currently 239 members.  New owners are being contacted, and are joining the association at a rate of about 50%.

l        New decals are needed, and have been priced at $0.82 each.  Dick Ullman suggested that we ask for a “contribution” toward the labels when they are distributed.

l        The newsletter “folding & stuffing crew” has volunteered to fold & stuff the Jetty letter going out this week.  (Les Fritz)

 

Newsletter:  A few finishing touches needed; it will go out as scheduled.  (Andrea Gilde)

 

Roads:  We have received good feedback on the recent road improvements.  The work went well on clean-up day. 

l        There are no new millings available at this time, but the committee is trying to find more.

l        We have been using Frank Strimel’s tractor, a time sheet to be submitted. (Glenn Culler)

 

Social:  Halloween Party, 10/28/00 (Sue Seeley)

 

Town Watch:  No report given (Jim Weber)

 

Tractor:  The tractor is having problems again, due to electrical system failure; this is believed to have been caused by a mistake during the recent repair to the clutch system.  The dealer’s repair shop has been unsatisfactory and Marty will be contacting the manufacturer.  (Marty Smith)

 

OLD BUSINESS

      Jetty Ballot & Letter: The revised jetty letter was read.  Dave Byler moved that we approve the letter & accompanying ballot & information.  Rob Green seconded.   All approved.

 

      Tractor Policy:  A subcommittee was formed to discuss the matter.  The members will be Dave Byler, Rob Green, Dick Ullman, John Bates, Marty Smith.

 

 

NEW BUSINESS

      Trash Collection:  Will be stopped as of 11/1/00.

      Decals:  Les Fritz requested that $820 be allocated for the new printing of 1000 decals.  All approved.

 

CLOSE OF BUSINESS:  The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 11/14/00 at 7:30 p.m. at the pavilion.

 

Having no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 9:35 p.m.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

 

 

Andrea Gilde, Secretary

 

CC:        Committee Chairpersons

            Elk Neck State Park Rangers