CICA Board of Director's Meeting—Minutes

January 9, 2001

 

The meeting began at 7:30 p.m. at the Barr’s.

 

BOARD OF DIRECTORS PRESENT: Barbara Barr, Dave Byler, Tom Cobley, Andrea Gilde, Rob Green, Harry Hite, Verne Orndorff, Mike Szep, Sr., Dick Ullman, Jim Weber, Art Wood.

 

ABSENT:  Ken Knapp

 

Committee Members & Guests Present: John Bates, Les Fritz, Barry Miller

 

PRESIDENT’S REPORT:

            Correspondence Report: The following correspondence was received:  None

 

The following correspondence was sent           

 

·        Letter sent to Todd Hammer regarding refrigerator discarded on property

·        Thank you Bud Easler re: donation of tractor equipment

·        Letter to R. Hartman stating board’s stance on boat in neighbor’s driveway

 

 

 

SECRETARY’S REPORT:  The minutes from the 11/14/00 meeting were accepted as submitted except for the change of location from the pavilion to the Wood’s.

 

TREASURER’S REPORT:  The monthly report was approved as submitted.  The treasurer will keep the jetty donations listed on a separate sheet for better record keeping.

 

COMMITTEE REPORTS:  (Contributor’s name and/or committee chairperson’s name shown in parentheses following report.)

 

Architectural Review:  Set of plans approved for Heron on M-14.  Another set of house plans are in the works, on lot M-12  (Barry Miller)

 

Beach:  Swing repair supplies purchased.  (Jim Abel)

 

Email & Website:  The committee had an email discussion regarding the posting of information to the web page that doesn’t involve Chesapeake Isle, but may be of interest to some residents.  It was decided not to post such information as it may lead to the use of the web page for free advertising. (John Reber)

 

Erosion: Nothing to report (John Bates)

 

Grass Mowing: Nothing to report (Dick Ullman)

 

Harbor:  Thanks to all who helped get the mooring puller out.  Thanks to Sal Tullomello for redoing the bulletin board  (Bill Dryden)

 

Historical:  No report given  (Audrey Buck)

 

Legal:  Nothing to report  (Dave Byler)

 

Maintenance: Nothing to report  (John Bates)

 

Membership: 244 members, which is a new record.  The 2001 Dues letter, and boating form are out.  (Les Fritz)

 

Newsletter:  Newsletter to go out around 1/22.  All copy is due by Friday 1/12/01 (Andrea Gilde)

 

Roads:  Plowed after snowstorm.  Please move cars off the side of the road during a snowstorm to keep things safe for the tractor driver.  John Bates trying to get more millings from Mike Lewis.  (Glenn Culler)

 

Social: Spring Dinner, 4/21….Progressive Dinner 3/17.  Santa visited 14 children and grandchildren in 14 CICA homes.  He also visited the foster children’s association Christmas party & received a $100 donation for the jetty project.  (Sue Seeley)

 

Town Watch: An egg was thrown at the Barr’s house on Thanksgiving.  There was a fire at Embon’s.  No one was hurt, and no extensive damage.  New schedule for Jan, Feb, March went out.  New battery packs for the radios were purchased. 2 new volunteers, lost two as well. (Jim Weber)

 

Tractor:  We keep receiving a bill from the company that sold us the tractor & fixed the tractor.  The bill is for the 2nd set of repairs, which we believe were caused by the first repair.  Marty is fighting the bill & interest charges, a new letter will be sent soon.  (Marty Smith)

 

 

 

OLD BUSINESS         

      Jetty –The contractor plans to start this month, unless it stays really cold.  Can’t get started with so much ice in the water.  52 people have sent or pledged donations or loans.  $4675 collected in donations.  $12500 collected in bonds.  $17,175 collected to date.  With the $5000 from the CICA treasury, no bank loan should be needed.  Other donations are promised and yet to be collected..

 

      Tractor Policy – no progress since last meeting, still pending.  A few copies of the CICA guidelines will be made and given to new residents, minus the tractor policy.  It will be added at a later date.

 

NEW BUSINESS

      Roads – possibility raised of turning roads over to the county.  This was voted on several years ago and voted down.  A possibility of revisiting the issue was raised, but there was no interest at this time.  The question will be asked in next survey.

 

Boat Ramp – The ramp is in need of some long term fixes…cracks, angle.   The harbor committee is considering and studying options.  They will be discussed  in committee with recommendations brought to the board at a later date.

 

Portable Defibrillators – Should we get one for the community at a cost of $3000-4000 to help compensate for our distance from medical help.  Will liability, storage, batteries, be an issue?  There is also a time factor, and could the device be brought to the person in need in a short enough time to do any good?  Harry Hite will investigate the devices as well as find out if the State Park has such a device or would be willing to own one cooperatively with us.  The possibility of CPR training will also be investigated as that will be useful to all, and could buy the time necessary to get such a device to a person..

 

State Park Road ByPass – many use the park road during ice storms to avoid the hill & turns.  Last storm there was a barrier.  John Bates will contact Gary Burnett to make sure it is open during inclement weather.

 

New Sign Contest –old sign is getting worn out, let’s replace it next year & have a contest to pick a new design.

 

Man & Woman of the Year Voting

 

CLOSE OF BUSINESS:  The next meeting will be held on Tues 2/20/01 at 7:30 p.m. at the Weber’s.

 

Having no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 9:20 p.m.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

 

 

Andrea Gilde, Secretary

 

CC:         Committee Chairpersons

               Elk Neck State Park Rangers