CICA Board of Director's Meeting—Minutes

October 8, 2001

 

The meeting began at 7:30 p.m. at the pavilion

 

BOARD OF DIRECTORS PRESENT: Jim Abel, Barbara Barr, Dave Byler, Tom Cobley, Andrea Gilde, Rob Green, Harry Hite, Ward Keever, Ken Knapp, Mike Szep, Sr., Art Wood.

 

ABSENT: Verne Orndorff

 

Committee Members & Guests Present:  Fred Berkeihiser, Barry Miller, Les Fritz, John Bates

 

PRESIDENT’S REPORT:

 

Correspondence Report:  No correspondence was sent or received.

 

SECRETARY’S REPORT:  The minutes from the September 17, 2001 meeting were approved as submitted.

 

TREASURER’S REPORT:  The monthly report was approved as submitted.

 

COMMITTEE REPORTS:  (Contributor’s name and/or committee chairperson’s name shown in parentheses following report.)

 

Architectural Review:  House under construction on Rolling that had not previously submitted plans has now submitted them, which are in process of being approved.  The owner, Gemcraft homes had already submitted plans for an identical house on Turkey Point Rd., which had been approved.  Apparently, they thought one set of plans would suffice for both properties.  Barry will also send a letter discussing the problem with the drainage ditch, dumping of concrete, and wear and tear on the road, which they would need to repair.(Barry Miller)

 

Beach:  Successful fall cleanup, with a great turnout.  Lots of new people, which is great!  A question was raised as to building the jetties higher in order to keep them above water in high tide.  The jetties were built according to spec… to be discussed under new business.  (Jim Abel)

 

Email & Website: Pictures from cleanup day will be on the website.  (John Reber)

 

Erosion:  Potential plans for plantings at harbor area will be discussed under Old Business.  (Ken Knapp)

 

Grass Mowing:  1 new person has paid, 3 still owe.  We are considering legal action against another delinquent payer (Appleton)  (Mike Szep, Sr.)

 

Harbor:  Mooring pull is 11/3.  Pulls are already starting for those who have finished with their mooring for the season.  (Bill Dryden)

 

Historical:  Don Groome has materials for the committee.  (Audrey Buck)

 

Legal:  Still pursuing repayment action from Coco.  Plans are in progress to have the lawyer review the situation with the tractor & S. G. Lewis.  (Dave Byler)

 

Maintenance:  Caldwell Rd. received 3 loads of crusher run, and the rest of our millings have been spread on Cliffview Dr.  Drainage area near Bates’ house has been repaired.  The problem was in the catch basin, and was repaired very inexpensively.  Fencing was put up behind maintenance shed on Cleanup Day..  (John Bates)

 

Membership:  0 new memberships…Gemcraft Homes is the new owner of the properties that have not dug culverts on both properties…they are on Rolling Ave. and Turkey Point Rd.  Architectural Review committee will talk to the owners. 5 or 6 mailing tubes have gone up on Diana Way.  Newsletters will go out by Friday, 10/12.  (Les Fritz)

 

Pavilion:  Gaye Turner is new chair.

 

Roads:  All millings have been used.  Repairs to culverts on Caldwell are in progress.  Some work is needed on Diana Way.  Crusher run has been put on Mason Lane.  Some more crusher run is needed to work on the beach road.  Some road signs are missing and will be replaced after Halloween.  (Don Schooley)

 

Social:  We couldn’t get a wagon for the hayride on cleanup day.  Halloween party is 10/27 at 3 p.m.  (Sue Seeley)

 

Town Watch:  New schedule has been distributed.  People on Friday night duty need to make sure to turn off the radios when done with their shift, so the batteries don’t run out.  Plans are proceeding with the motion lights at the pavilion.  No major incidents to report.  (Harry Hite)

 

Tractor:  Nothing to report. (Marty Smith)

 

 

 

OLD BUSINESS

 

Fire Hydrant Standpipe – Nothing to report.

 

Sign Contest – on hold

 

Trailer on Hinkle’s property – has been moved and wheels being put on

 

Moving Date of Annual Meeting to Fall Cleanup Day – suggestion was made to move meeting to Fall Cleanup day, rather than taking a weekend in August.  Consensus was that cleanup day is not good because it is too long of a day.  An informal poll was taken, and most board members were not in favor of investigating a change.  The matter has been dropped for now. 

 

Landscaping and Planting at Harbor—we need to replant 220 square feet at harbor to replace land we “took over” at the beach.  A drawing and cost estimate was submitted  The plants need to be low maintenance and decorative.  They also need to be hardy, as that area tends to get very dry.  The plan is to keep grasses for as much of the plantings as possible.  We have to see if the State/County will allow it.  The committee will meet and have a plan ready for review before submitting it to the state, and more details will be available for next month. 

 

NEW BUSINESS

 

Potential Dues Increase – suggestion was made to form a committee to explore an incremental dues increase.  Rob Green will chair, with Ward Keever and Tom Cobley.

 

Raising Height of Jetties – Jetties are accumulating sand at an irregular rate.  The high tides seem to be washing out the accumulating sand.  The jetties were built to spec, and we were told at the start that the sand would ebb and flow.  Dick Luttrell was consulted during the building progress and said that the jetties were built properly.  Ken will contact Dick again to find out if the variations are to be expected, and if there is anything we can or should do about it. 

 

 

CLOSE OF BUSINESS:  The next meeting will be held on Nov. 12th at 7:30 p.m at the pavilion.

 

Having no further business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 9:20.

 

Respectfully submitted,

 

 

 

Andrea Gilde, Secretary

 

CC:            Committee Chairpersons

                  Elk Neck State Park Rangers